Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Few ShowMe examples for Measuring and Classifying Shapes

These are some examples from my students, who were asked to create a ShowMe presentation describing an attribute block. I challenged them to tell me 2-4 things about each shape by drawing on their screens and describing with their words.

These examples are all ranges of proficiency of this task. I'm so impressed by how my students navigate the app, including self-corrections and staying (mostly) on task.











These were created on the second day of instruction, so if I use them as a formative assessment, I'd say my students have a limited understanding of the tasks or concepts. I'd be wise to repeat with slightly different objects and offer the choice to work alone or with a partner to yield the results I'm looking for. I'm sure I'll tweak and make changes but this activity will definitely be repeated next year.


How to recreate: We use a mix of iPads (1-3) and the free app ShowMe. What do you need to recreate, extend, or improve this activity??

No comments:

Post a Comment